The healthiest butter chicken with turmeric, ginger and coconut oil, a MUST TRY!
Here is how to prepare a healthy, and very, very delicious Butter Chicken!
This recipe is for 4 servings, the preparation time is 30 minutes.
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 to 2 pinches of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 400 ml can coconut cream
- 700 g chicken thigh fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces coriander leaves, to serve
- Cauliflower Rice (see recipe), to serve
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Place the chopped cauliflower florets into a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower has reduced into tiny pieces – the same size as grains of rice (or chop by hand with a sharp knife).
- In a frying pan, heat the coconut oil over medium heat and lightly cook the cauliflower for about 4 to 6 minutes, or until softened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve it where you would normally have rice – so much healthier for you and what I love is that it take a quarter of the time to cook!
- You can add chili, other spices, seeds, nuts, herbs, meats, seafood, vegetables, sauces, etc.
Here are a few more recipes for Cauliflower you have to try!
- Delicious Turmeric & Cauliflower Bacon Chowder
- Cauliflower Burger
- Turmeric Cauliflower Flatbread