How to Clean Gold and Make it Shine
Unlike other metals, gold can’t tarnish but it can lose its shine as a result of constant wear, dirt, and dust. Although some compounds and
from harsh cleaners can restore its primary shine, they shouldn’t be used for soft stones that might be set in your gold jewelry, including opals and pearls. The best way to clean them is using nothing but soap and water.
Method 1: Use a DIY Cleaner
What you need:
– Aluminum wrap
– Salt (clears away dirt and debris)– 1 tablespoon
– Baking soda (help clean the metal) – 1 tablespoon
– Dish soap (helps loosen accumulated dirt) – 1 tablespoon
– Water (hot) – 3 to 4 tablespoons
– Cover a bowl with aluminum foil.
Step 2. Add all the ingredients
– add the dish soap, salt, and baking soda, and then pour the hot water. You’ll see the solution starts to fizz.
– Soak your jewelry in the cleaner for 10 minutes.
Step 4. Scrub it thoroughly with an old toothbrush. Rinse with water and pat it dry.
– The aluminum foil, baking soda, and salt create ion transfers which help the metal clean naturally.