The Best 15 Alkaline Foods for Fighting Obesity, Cancer, Heart Issues…
Our bodies are alkaline and it is our job to maintain them like that. Because of this, we highly recommend you to consume the following 15 alkaline foods in order to get your health and body back in shape.
1. Spinach- this vegetable can eliminate free radicals, as well as improve your memory, and keep your heart strong, as it is rich in antioxidants. Furthermore, it can stimulate your brain function.
The spinach is also low in fat and cholesterol and it has vitamin A, C, K, B6 and contains magnesium, potassium, calcium, zinc, iron and niacin.
2. Lemons- the lemon juice can reduce the risk of stroke, and it can also help treat kidney stones. Another positive side to the lemon is that it helps fight cancer, prevent constipation and high blood pressure.
It has vitamins E, A, C, B6, and many important minerals like zinc, calcium, potassium, copper, and riboflavin.
3. Quinoa- it can help with the cholesterol and blood sugar level in your body. It is the food that is the richest in proteins and compared to other grains it has twice the amount of fiber.
Moreover, quinoa is rich in manganese, magnesium, riboflavin, lysine and iron.
4. Swiss chard– this helps with blood glucose, heart and blood flow. Also removes viruses, free radicals, bacteria.
5. Buckwheat– this is not regular wheat and keeps heart healthy, stops diabetes and boosts energy. It gives body warmth and is amazing for winter. Also has vitamins, protein, iron.
6. Melon- it is able to remove toxins and to maintain the body hydrated. It has a pH value of 8.5.
7. Olive oil- it regulates the blood sugar levels and lowers the chances of heart disease. Olive oil is rich in antioxidants, monounsaturated fatty acids, and vitamin E.
8. Bananas- if you are one of those people who want to lose weight, then you better add bananas to your daily diet. Bananas are fruits which balance the blood sugar levels, as well as protect the heart and improve the digestion.
In addition, bananas are also rich in fiber, as well as nutrients, such as potassium, manganese, B vitamins, and magnesium.
9. Flaxseeds- these seeds will keep your heart healthy, and they will also help you in controlling the hot flashes in menopause, as well as reduce inflammations. These are considered as a top alkaline food, as they are rich in fiber, antioxidants and vitamin E.
Because of this, we recommend you to use flaxseeds every day. You can grind them and add them to almost any meal.
10. Cauliflower- it boosts the heart health and has anti-inflammatory properties. One serving of this vegetable provides 77 percent of the daily requirement of vitamin C.
Moreover, cauliflower is abundant in riboflavin, potassium, magnesium, vitamin K, thiamin, and manganese.
11. Avocados- they help the absorption of nutrients from vegetables and fruits, control the levels of cholesterol and make your heart stronger.
You can reap the benefits of this superfood by consuming even a bowl of guacamole. What’s more, the avocado contains fiber, nutrients, and monounsaturated fatty acids.
12. Grapes- they are known to lower anxiety and high blood pressure and they also reduce the chance of lung, prostate, colon, esophageal, pancreatic, endometrial, and mouth cancer.
13. Carrots- they better the eyesight and brain function since they’re rich in beta-carotene that also prevents damage from free radicals. Carrots are rich in fiber, potassium, iron, and vitamins K, A, C, and B8.
14. Broccoli– for good blood flow and iron too. Heart is healthy, bones too and cholesterol lowered. They have items for fighting cancer, also fiber, copper, potassium, E, K, C, B6.
15. Berries– the berries can improve your skin, and they are also good food for slowing down the aging process. They will help you with chronic health disorders, and keep a sharp memory as you grow old.
Berries also reduce the risk of specific cancers, improve digestion and are high in fiber and antioxidants.