Oregano Oil Benefits are Far Superior to Prescription Antibiotics
However, even though antibiotics are recommended by many doctors, the only antibiotics you should use are the natural and safe ones.
So, one of the most effective natural antibiotics is the oil of oregano. Its effectiveness was proved by many studies which show that this oil is superior to some antibiotics and what is more it does not cause any side effects!
Unfortunately, nowadays, the antibiotics prescribed by most doctors can cause a number of side effects including, destroying beneficial gut bacteria, causing antibiotic resistance, destroying the digestive lining thus causing leaky gut, and decreasing vitamin absorption.
Oregano Oil Benefits
Oregano oil is derived from the flowers and leaves of the wild oregano plant. It is an incredibly powerful antimicrobial that fights infections to the death. It has a wide range of health benefits, which can be attributed to its antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral properties.
– Bacterial infections (Streptococcus, haemophilus, staphylococcus, mycobacterium, E.coli, proteus, chlamydia, mycoplasma and even MRSA)
– Tumours (cervical, breast, leukaemia, lung and colon)
– Food poisoning (salmonella, listeria, campylobacter, shigella, botulism, norovirus)
– Candida (bacterial vaginosis, Candida albicans)
– Fungal infections
– Parasites (giardiasis, flatworms, tapeworms and ringworms)
How To Use Oregano Oil
– To relieve nasal congestion and lung infections, you should add 2-3 drops of oregano oil to a diffuser or vaporizer, and inhale deeply.
– To relieve a sore throat, add 2-3 drops of oregano oil in a glass of water and drink it immediately.
– In order to relieve aches, backaches, and sore muscles, you should mix equal parts of oregano oil and organic olive oil and apply on the affected areas.
– When you are feeling under the weather, add 3-4 drops of oregano oil in a glass of water and drink 2-3 times on a daily basis before your meals. This will significantly boost your immune system!
– Add 1 drop of oregano oil on your toothbrush with toothpaste in order to kill bacteria that cause bad breath.
– In order to treat acne, nail fungus, cold sores, shingles, or psoriasis skin condition, you should mix 1-2 drops of oregano oil to a small capful of coconut oil or Aloe Vera gel and apply on the affected areas. If you have sensitive or broken skin, you should not use oregano oil.
How to use Oregano oil for detox
You should add 3-4 drops of oregano oil in a glass of water and drink this solution 2-3 times on a daily basis, before your meals. If you experience a burning sensation in the mouth and you can’t handle it, you should lower the number of drops.
Take this solution for up to 2 weeks to kill parasites or to fight infections. Then, make a 7-day break, and if necessary, you can continue with the procedure for another 14 days. We should mention that oregano oil is so potent, so it is not recommended to be taken on a long-term basis.
Is Oregano Oil Safe?
Yes, as long as it’s diluted in water or with a carrier oil (some of my top choices are jojoba, olive, and coconut oils). Clinical herbalist Michelle Lynde says the ideal ratio when diluting this herbal oil is one part oregano oil to three parts carrier oil.
It is recommended to do a spot test as well to check if you have any allergic reactions to oregano oil. Simply apply a diluted drop on your arm and see if any irritation occurs.
Be careful when buying oregano oil because some manufacturers sell adulterated oils and oils made from thyme, Spanish oregano, or cultivated oregano, which DO NOT provide any health benefits.
Side Effects of Oregano Oil
Some people may experience stomach upset when ingesting oregano oil (or even the herb itself). Those who are allergic to plants from the Lamiaceae family (mint, lavender, sage, and basil) should also avoid this oil, as they may also develop an allergic reaction.
Young children, pregnant and nursing women, individuals with high blood pressure or a heart condition; and individuals who are on medications or undergoing medical treatments.