Try this simple anti-inflammatory turmeric pudding with coconut oil, ginger and cinnamon
As much as we want to eat healthy, we still feel the urge to try something sweet once in a while. Do you know how you can simultaneously get both of these things? If not, do not worry, because this article will provide all of the necessary information.
What are Superfoods?
Superfoods can be simply described as nutrient-dense foods that can help prevent even the serious diseases like stroke, heart disease, and cancer.
Some of the foods that are part of the group of superfoods include garlic, avocado, broccoli, blueberries, chia seeds, Greek yogurt, and watermelon.
9 Superfood Pudding Recipes You Must Try
To have something that is at the same time healthy and sweet is the perfect combination, especially when you are trying to maintain a fit body or looking out for your health. It seems like we have the perfect solution to this long-lasting problem – 6 recipes that include a superfood product to prepare a delicious pudding!
1. Coconut, Lemon, and Turmeric Chia Pudding
This pudding is the perfect combination of flavors along with its benefits as an excellent source of daily fiber, antioxidants, and protein. The omega-3 fatty acids are great for brain function, and the chia seeds are particularly good at lowering your LDL cholesterol, while the turmeric is an anti-inflammatory.
– 400 mL tin coconut milk
– 1″ fresh turmeric or 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
– 1″ fresh root ginger (optional but increases curcumin absorption)
– Juice and zest of 1 lemon
– ⅛ to ¼ cup maple syrup
– 90 mL chia seeds
1. First, add coconut milk, turmeric, and ginger to a blender and blend until smooth. In case the coconut milk isn’t combining until smooth, gently heat it until the coconut cream melts. It should only become hand hot.
2. Next, add lemon juice, zest, and maple syrup, and blend again.
3. In a mason jar (with an airtight clip lid), combine the turmeric milk mixture and chia seeds. Whisk until the mixture is fully incorporated.
4. Store it in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour (or until all of the moisture has been absorbed).
2. Winter Chia Pudding with Sour Cherries and Blueberries
This is probably the best combination of sweet and healthy because it contains two superfoods – Chia Seed and Blueberries! Only one serving of chia seeds will provide tons of magnesium, iron, and calcium. On the other hand, blueberries will improve your memory and will help reduce the risk of cancer due to their high amount of cancer-fighting nutrients like Vitamin C.
– 1 cup walnuts
– 3 cups water
– Handful dry sour cherries
– Handful goji berries
– 1 Medjool date
– 1 tbsp. acai powder
– Chia seeds – for every 1.5 cups milk obtained, add 1/4 cup chia seeds
– A pinch of vanilla seeds
– To serve: your favorite yogurt and lot of blueberries
1. First, add the walnuts and water to a blender and blend for about a minute (or until you have a frothy, milky mixture).
2. Strain the milk and return it to the blender. Add the leftover nut pulp in a freezer-safe small container and place it in the freezer. You can use it to make light and moist raw macaroons.
3. Next, add the sour cherries, goji berries, Medjool date, acai and to the milk and blend again.
4. Pour your walnut milk into a large jar and add the chia seeds. Close the lid tightly and shake it to make sure that the chia seeds are evenly spread out.
5. Then add the vanilla seeds to the jar, cover, and place in the fridge overnight.
6. Serve the following morning with your favorite yogurt and lots of blueberries.
3. Golden Rice Pudding with Turmeric, Ginger & Pink Peppercorns
This pudding contains turmeric and other warming spices, which makes it an ideal dish for this period of the year. It’s best to combine turmeric with pepper because it boosts the absorbency of curcumin, which is the main component of turmeric and the reason why turmeric is well known as spice with powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
– 2 teaspoons coconut oil
– 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
– 1/8 teaspoon pink peppercorns
– 1/2 cup basmati rice, washed, drained
– 1-2 star anise (optional)
– 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
– 6 cardamom pods
– 1 cup + 1/2 cup water, divided
– 1 cup canned coconut milk
– 3 tablespoons raw honey
– 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
– A pinch of salt
– 1 tablespoon pistachios, to garnish
1. First you should add the coconut oil to a pot over medium-low heat to melt. Place 1/8 teaspoon of peppercorns in a mortar and pestle and grind finely, or alternatively crush the peppercorns with the back of a knife. Add the turmeric powder and the crushed peppercorn to the melted oil, and stir to combine.
2. Cook, continuing to stir often, until very fragrant (about a minute). Add the rice and stir to coat and toast, for about a minute. Bash the cardamom pods in the mortar and pestle or with the back of a knife just to break the pods open (but not further than that).
3. Add the cinnamon and cardamom pods to the rice and mix together, then add 1 cup of water and increase the heat to medium-high. Cook, uncovered until most of the water is absorbed but not dry. Add the coconut milk and additional 1/2 cup of water, and stir very well.
4. Continue cooking until the rice is fully cooked and the pudding has a creamy consistency (about 10-15 more minutes). Remove from the heat and fish out the star anise and cardamom pod shells, letting any cardamom seeds that were released from the pods remain.
5. Stir in the ginger, sea salt, and raw honey to taste.
4. Chocolate Pudding with Coconut Cream and Goji Berries!
Goji berries are considered to be one of the best superfoods since are great antioxidants which lower the cholesterol levels and protect the heart from a heart disease or heart attack. And perhaps the best beneficial effect is their ability to prevent different types of cancer!
5. Pistachio Chia Pudding
This pudding is likely to become one of the favorite desserts for you and your family. Firstly, it’s very delicious and secondly, pistachios yield a significant amount of potassium while chia seeds offer a wide array of health benefits.
– 2 cups pistachio milk
– 1/4 cup chia seeds
– 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
– 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
– 2 tbsps. maple syrup
1. Combine the pistachio milk, chia seeds, ground cardamom, vanilla extract, and maple syrup in a quart jar.
2. Shake well to combine, using a wooden spoon to break up any chia seeds that stick together.
3. Let it sit at room temperature for 10 minutes, then shake again, and refrigerate for a few hours. While the pudding can be eaten right away, it is better to let it sit for a few hours to thicken.
6. Chocolate and Chia Seed Superfood Pudding
This pudding is the best proof that you can enjoy a delicious chocolate pudding and lots of health benefits at the same time. Chocolate is well known for its strong antioxidant properties and its ability to balance your blood pressure. Chia seeds, as mentioned above, also have numerous health benefits that can significantly improve your overall health.
– 1 1/4 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
– 1/4 cup chia seeds
– 3 tbsps. raw cacao powder
– Dash of pink Himalayan sea salt
– 1 tbsp. organic maple syrup
– Dark Chocolate shavings for garnish
1. Add all of the ingredients to a large glass jar with a lid, give it a quick stir, then close the lid tightly. Shake it like to mix it all up.
2. Refrigerate the mixture for at least 4 hours (or until very thick and pudding-like), shaking occasionally.
3. Serve the pudding chilled on its own or with any of following toppings: crystallized ginger, nut butter, bananas, goji berries, pomegranate seeds, or whipped coconut cream.
7. Pumpkin Pudding
If you are bored with the same old recipes for pumpkin pie, maybe it is time for you to use this superfood to prepare a delicious pudding! The pumpkin is filled with lots of vitamins and antioxidants that surely can be used as a part of your healthy diet!
8. Apple Pudding
Did you know that you can also use the apples to prepare a pudding instead of the old-fashioned apple pie? Apples deserve their place in the superfoods category since they have been linked to reduced risk of heart diseases, cancer, and diabetes!
9. Coconut, Chai and Turmeric Chia Pudding
This is yet another pudding that contains superfoods which will provide high amounts of many essential vitamins and minerals.
– 5 tbsps. chia seeds
– 1 tbsp. shredded coconut
– 1 1/2 cup organic oat milk
– 1/4 tsp pure vanilla essence (or vanilla powder)
– 1 tsp ground turmeric
– 1/8 tsp ground cloves
– 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
– 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. First, mix the dry ingredients in a bowl, making sure no clumps of spices remain.
2. Then add oat milk and vanilla essence, and mix until well combined.
3. Cover the mixture and store it in a fridge overnight to set.
4. Serve as it is or top with chopped nuts.