These 12 Etiquette Rules Everyone Should Know
Etiquette is used in all sorts of situations. Whether you’re at a formal event or just respecting the rules or traditions of another person’s culture, a lot of things come into play when using etiquette.
From the placement of cutlery at a formal dinner to RSVP’ng for an event, some people don’t even know the most common and basic rules for following proper etiquette.
If you’re one of those people, or if you just want to touch up on your etiquette skills, here are 12 etiquette rules that you should know.
– Staring at people and laughing loudly is impolite
– Always greet everyone when you enter a room, office, etc.
– Be careful when texting or sharing photos with others, especially if you should ask that person out.
– Greet your friend’s friends when walking together.
– Respect women. Be polite.
– Being the only one who follows trends may not be a good idea, and some people will find it ridiculous.
– Respect pedestrians when driving.
– Avoid empty conversations on the phone. Answer your phone only if it is important.
– Others will think you are bored or uninterested if you keep checking your phone in their company. Therefore, do not scroll on the Instagram or Facebook, and dedicate yourself to the people who are with you.
– Men shouldn’t convey their female friend’s purse, yet they should take their jacket to the cloakroom.
– Thank individuals who have helped you.
– Presents, wealth, respect, religion, age, disfavor, issues, medical issues, and family issues are the things you don’t discuss with others.
Follow these rules and you won’t have any problems with your social life and communication. Being polite makes all the difference in the world.