Make Yourself These Anti-Inflammatory Coconut And Sweet Potato Muffins With Ginger, Cinnamon And Maple Syrup
We all love muffins, so today, we are suggesting a recipe for an incredibly delicious, and anti-inflammatory ones, full of antioxidants!
The main ingredients in the muffins are sweet potatoes, which are highly beneficial for your health. Their flesh is rich in beta-carotene, which destroys free radicals in the body, as they are really harmful, and affect the DNA of cells, leading to mutations, which may result in various cancers.
Additionally, sweet potatoes are high in nutrients and thus prevent acute and chronic inflammation, which may lead to various severe health issues and chronic diseases.
This is how to prepare these muffins:
– 1 small organic sweet potato, roasted (1 cup, packed)
– ¾ cup of organic canned coconut milk
– 3 organic free-range eggs, lightly beaten
– 1 cup of organic brown rice flour
– ¼ cup of organic coconut flour
– ½ cup of pure organic maple syrup
– 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
– ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
– ⅛ teaspoon of ground cloves
– 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
– 1 tablespoon baking powder
– ⅛ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
– 2 tablespoons of organic olive oil
– Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
– Use a wooden skewer to make 10-20 holes in your sweet potato and cook it on a baking tray for an hour to soften it.
– Remove the potato and let it cool.
– Oil your muffin tray with coconut oil.
– Cut the potato in half and scoop out the good stuff into a large bowl, discarding the skin (or eating it as a snack while your muffin cook).
– Add the olive oil, almond milk and syrup to the bowl and combine until smooth.
– In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
– Pour the dry ingredients into the sweet potato and mix until well combined.
– Pour the batter evenly throughout the muffin tray until each section is 2/3 full.
– Place the tray on the middle rack of the oven and cook for 30-35 minutes.
– Let it cool and enjoy a delicious batch of sweet potato muffins! Feel free to freeze any extras for future use.