Zucchini chips recipes
Recipe 1: Dried zucchini chips
Zucchini (the summer variant of the squash) is a perfect vegetable to include in our meals on a daily basis. It is a summer night and you want to go for a walk. Here is your perfect companion: grab a bag of homemade zucchini chips, go out and have fun.
What you need:
– 5 young zucchini
– 2 tablespoons of oil
– 1 tablespoon of any of the seasonings
– ½ teaspoon salt
1. Wash the zucchini and dry it well.
2. Cut off the ends of the zucchini.
3. Slice the zucchini in thin rounds (it is better if you use a mandolin).
4. Brush oil on the zucchini slices and sprinkle them with the picked seasonings.
5. If you have a food dehydrator, then place the slices on it and set the temperature
around 130 degrees (if you have temperature meter – if not, it is not essential).
6. Be patient – let the slices dry for about 5 hours (but this depends on the food dehydrator).
7. When your chips gets crispy, than you will know it is dry.
Recommendation: You can sprinkle Parmesan all over this tasty snack and serve it like that if any guests come around.
Tip: It is better if you pick a younger zucchini. The younger zucchini aren’t so full of water and it you will be able to dry them in less time than it would take if you take older zucchini. Except than, the smaller round slices will definitely look cuter in your plate. The zucchini chips loses its crispness really fast. The good thing here is – you can always pop the chips back in the dehydrator, or you can even bake it for a while.
Recipe 2: Baked zucchini chips
If you don’t have a food dehydrator, and still want to make this zucchini snack, you can bake the zucchini instead of drying them.
What you need:
– 2 zucchini (large for this recipe)
– Dry breadcrumbs
– 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
– Whites from 2 eggs
– ½ teaspoon of any seasoning salt (dried onion powder, oregano, parsley, basil…)
– ¼ teaspoon Garlic powder
– A little black pepper
1. Cut thin slices of the zucchini.
2. Mix the whites from the eggs and put the seasonings in that mix.
3. Put the slices of the zucchini first in the mix of the eggs, then in the breadcrumbs and
at the end lay them onto an already prepared with oil baking sheets.
4. Bake the zucchini till they get crispy and change their color.
5. Take them out of the oven. Sprinkle Parmesan all over the zucchini chips and it is ready for serving. Enjoy it!
Recommendation: You can serve this kind of zucchini chips with barbecue. If you are not a meat lover, than anything sauce (including ketchup) goes with this kind of snack. If you want something spicy, than just add some seasoning in the whole recipe. You can also make some spicy sauce and here is your ideal meal!
Tip: Serve the zucchini chips immediately. After a while it softens. Except that you won’t have chips anymore – you will still have a delicious meal.